Staying hydrated is very important during mountain biking. It’s an extreme form of sports that burns hell lot of calories and might leave you dehydrated, especially if you are not drinking sufficient amount of water or the weather is too hot. Concentration loss, irritation, and cramps are common side effects of dehydration. So, what is the best way to carry your water bottle without putting much weight on your bike? Bike water bottle cages are the common solution because such a component rides with you using straps or screws. So, let’s take a look at the best mountain bike water bottle cages that are available in the market.
1. Ibera Bicycle Water Bottle Cage - IB-BC5-BK.
Today’s top recommendation from Ibera is constructed with a heat-treated aluminum plate, which is a lightweight and robust material. Bikers love it because the metal made cage is long-lasting than plastic built options but affordable than carbon fiber models. Moreover, the cage accommodates all the bottles within a diameter of 3 inches. So, it’s not only durable and low on weight, but functional as well.
Ibera IB-BC5-BK has an oval design with a flared opening to facilitate easy bottle removal to the riders while in motion. A couple of screws are included with the product, but you would need pre-drilled thread holes to fit them. The product does not include a 4mm hex that’s a must to tighten these screwdrivers.
- Constructed with 6061-T5 heat-treated aluminum plate
- Compatible with all the standard-sized bottles
- Pre-drilled and threaded holes are required to install
- Screws are included
- Easy to configure with the bike
- Long-lasting and lightweight at 1.3 pounds
- Flared opening that allows easy access
- Sturdy sides to secure the bottle
- Marks the water bottle
Our Verdict: If you need a durable and easy to install water bottle cage for your mountain bike than the Ibera IB-BC5-BK could be the right choice. It’s stylish and grips your bottle well over rough roads so this model also offers great value for money.
2. UShake Water Bottle Cages.
Today’s second contender from Ushake is one of the best mountain bike water bottle cages. It’s a pack of two wherein both the cages are constructed using heat-treated aluminum alloy, which has anodic oxidation to protect their surface and also prevents any marks or scratches on your water bottle. Any of the two cages can hold up to 26 ounces of weight with a diameter of a maximum of 3 inches. Also, you can press the cage arms inwards to fit small bottles.
A bike needs pre-drilled and threaded holes to accept any of these Ushake cages. Well, most of the modern mountain bikes come with the same. In any of the conditions, the product arrives with all the 4 screws, washers, and a hex key worth 4 mm. Its everything you will need to fix the cage on your bike. As the pack contains two cages, it up to you whether you want to configure both of them in one bike or use separately on different ones.
- Two water bottle cages included
- Heat-treated aluminum alloy is the primary construction material
- Seeks pre drilled and threaded holes for configuration
- Compatible with all the standard water bottles up to 3 inches in diameter
- Includes all the installation-related hardware
- A lightweight product at 2.1 ounces
- Fits most of the bikes and is easy to install
- Offers complete value for money
- Cage arms can be bent to match smaller bottles
- Too much bending might result in an out of shape appearance
Our verdict: Ushake bottle cages are suitable for users who need something at a reasonable price. Its high quality built makes the product durable as well as lightweight. Overall, the product is great for individuals who need a long term water supply while riding over the mountains.
3. PRO BIKE TOOL Matte Black Bike Water Bottle Cage.
Matte black must be the favorite to many mountain bikers. Well, Pro Bike Tools presents another modern and stylish cage that can fit most of the standard bottles. The brand utilizes heat-treated aluminum and is finished with powder covering for a sleek appearance. You can adjust the cage +/- 0.2 inches (0.5 cm) whenever required, but don’t overdo it. If you repeatedly adjust the frame or do the changes more than its flexibility, then there are chances that you might crack the outer paint.
Pro Bike Tool bottle cage is durable, lightweight, and easy to use. The manufacturers have removed all the weight but there are no compromises on the build quality or performance.All thanks to its black finish and easy to install nature, you will not mind the small amount it takes from your card.
- Stylish matte black finish with powder coating
- Made of high quality and durable aluminum alloy
- Compatible with all the standard and oversized bottles
- Seeks pre-drilled holes for installation
- Includes couple of screws
- Durably built with an attractive appearance
- Lightweight at 1.69 ounces
- Easy to install and clean
- Can be adjusted according to the bottle size
- Too much of bending can brittle its aluminum built
Our verdict: The bottle cage from Pro Bike Tool is not one of the cheapest options here, but its high quality built never scratches a bottle and remains true to your bike for long. So, it’s great for any of the users who wants to try a high-quality product without adding much weight to their bike.
4. Pro Bike Tool Bike Water Bottle Holder.
Are you looking for a stylish and functional accessory for your bike? Well, consider the shining water bottle holder by Pro Bike Tool. Constructed using aluminum alloy, its powder-coated finish makes it a cool looking high-value model that’s versatile and capable to hold almost all the water bottles. The holder seeks a couple of pre-drilled holes for installation and includes two screws to complete its configuration.
With a sturdy built and superior grip towards the bottles, the Pro Bike Tool holder is one of the best bike water bottle cages. You will appreciate its polished surface or firm hold on almost any water bottle. Irrelevant of the riding grounds, it easily holds any of the bottles worth 500, 550, 650, 750 & 950 ml in capacity.
- Made of strong and durable aluminum alloy
- Matches all the standard-sized bottles
- Needs drilled and threaded holes for installation
- Stainless steel bolts are included
- Lightweight at 1.69 pounds
- Sleek and stylish to suit any of the bikes or racing apparels
- Easy to maintain
- Warranty of a lifetime
- Some of the users’ state that it’s not compatible with all the frames
Our verdict: Suitable for users who want to try a water bottle cage without any negative points. Whether you talk about built quality, style, usage, or functionality, the Pro Tool Bike is great for any of the montain biking trips where you don’t want to degrade your water level.
5. Lx Lermx Bike Water Bottle Cages.
The high-quality bottle cage by Lx Lermx is a unique bike accessory because its created to clamp any of the water bottles and a set of Bluetooth speakers. It’s lightweight and has a durable design that remains at your assistance for long. The cage includes a premium quality bottle that carries water worth 24 ounces. This water container is made with BPA free materials and hence, it’s safe to use and offers you tasteless water. Its mouth is large, which is helpful while water refilling.
Made of top-grade aluminum alloy, the cage firmly grips your water bottle and never makes any marks on its surface. As it fits any of the generally sized speakers, the cage is great for long rides, mountain biking, and races wherein you need to focus and win.
- Long-lasting product due to anodically oxidized aluminum alloy
- Can carry Bluetooth speakers as well
- Smooth built that never scratches a bottle
- Includes a bottle that’s safe to use by all the users
- 80 days’ free replacement warranty
- Combines hydration and entertainment in a single unit
- Might not be suitable for extremely bumpy grounds
Our verdict: The Lx Lermx bottle cage is great for users who are a fan of long bicycle rides. It’s also great for lazy individuals who don’t want to shop separately for a water bottle.
6. LEZYNE Side Load Flow Bicycle Bottle Cage.
The Flow bottle cage looks stylish and is available in multiple colors too. If you want to add a bit of flair that customizes your bike’s apperance, then it might be a solid choice. The mounting holes of the cage are oval, which might need some adjustment on a bike frame. Once ready, you will notice that it’s easy to get a water bottle in or out. All thanks to its side load shape, the compact bike cage is also great for compact frames.
- Made of fiber-reinforced Composite Matrix
- Keeps all the standard sized bottles secure
- Oval holes for easy adjustment and positioning on the frame
- Comes with both left and right-hand orientations
- Available in three different colors to choose
- Durable and cost-effective
- Not effective in rough surfaces
Our verdict: Lezyne side load Flow bottle cage is suitable for less aggressive mountain biking because it cannot work well during hard hits. So, it might be great for users who are not willing to ride on very rough surfaces.
7. corki Bike Water Bottle Holder.
A high-quality water bottle cage can be easily installed on your bike without adding much weight. Corki water bottle holder follows the same ground and gives you the worth of your investment due to its durable built as well as lightweight nature. The product is available as a pack of two and includes the 4 hex screws required for their installation. However, the bike needs pre-drilled holes to hold the cage at its place.
Corki water bottle holder has a unique skeleton design that adds some style to your mountain bike. It has to be durable because you will use the cage in challenging outdoor conditions. Thanks to its polycarbonate construction with glass fiber reinforcement, the holder is long-lasting and keeps your hydration house safe while you win some races.
- Polycarbonate and reinforced glass fiber construction
- Lightweight at 1.23 ounces (35 grams)
- Accommodate most of the standard and oversized water bottles up to 950 ml
- Durable and withstands demanding usage
- Maintains firm and secure hold on the water bottle
- Never scratches the stored item
- Easy to install
- Some of the users complain about its poor hold over bumpy terrains
Our verdict: Durable, stylish, and available in multiple colors, the corki bottle holder is suitable for all the mountain bikers who need a reliable bike accessory that can help them to maintain the hydration level.
8. DIMPLES EXCEL Bike Bicycle Water Bottle Cage.
Now we will take a look at a stylish mountain bike water bottle cage by Dimples Excel, which comes as a pack of 2 and includes 4 M5 x 0.8 Screws as well as a useful hex key. This bottle cage is lightweight because of a heat-treated aluminum built. You can also bend it a little towards the inside to accommodate small bottles. However, it can easily accept water bottles between 2. 7 to 3.5 inches of diameter. Any of the bottles fit perfectly inside this cage.
You will like the fact that it’s available in four colors including black, silver, blue, and red. Most of the mountain bikes are available with two screws on their lower frame for mounting accessories like a water bottle cage. You simply have to take out those screws using an impact driller and fix the bottle cage.
- Superior built quality
- Lightweight at 2.4 ounces (69 grams)
- Fits all the bottles with a diameter between 2.7 to 3.5 inches
- Available in multiple colors
- You can bend (open or close) the cage’s frame
- Never cracks or bends permanently
- Durable and lightweight
- Comparatively heavy
Our verdict: Dimple Excel water bottle cage accepts all kinds of water bottles without harming their finish, so it’s a great choice for bikers who prefers a cup of coffee on the top of the mountains. The cage is also great for serious mountain riders who frequently deal with bumpy surfaces.
9. Aduro Bike Water Bottle Holder Aluminum Cage.
No matter what’s your color preferences, Aduro water bottle holder covers it. The mountain bike component is available in silver, blue and black, which means you can try any of them as per your preferences. There are no unnecessary elements in its frame, so the cage looks sleek. You will be surprised to know that its available as a pack of 2, which is enticing at this price tag.
Made of aluminum, the water bottle cage comes with the required number of screws that are required for its configuration. It’s interesting to know that you can expand its frame to accommodate fat bottles. But, you will not like the fact that it does not include a 4mm Allen key, which is required for cage’s assembly with your bike.
- Ultra-lightweight bike accessory
- Adjustable frame
- Low profile design that fits all the bike frame
- Features lifetime guarantee
- Expandable base to fit a wide range of water bottles
- Easy to install
- Oval installation holes for precise tuning
- Compatible with all the mountain and road bikes
- Does not include Allen key
Our verdict: If you want something that can motivate you towards an active lifestyle, then try the Aduro bike water holder. Apart from mountain biking, it also allows you to carry your water supply at any of the hiking, swimming, or skiing site.
What to look for in a Mountain Bike Water Bottle Cage?
Are you feeling overwhelmed while looking for a water bottle cage? Well, it’s normal. But, you can check the given buying guide to take some help and find the best model for your bike.
Weight and build quality: A water bottle case should be lightweight without compromising on strength or construction quality. You will find such items generally made of aluminum, carbon fiber, and plastic. Carbon fibers are the lightest among all, but it’s expensive. Plastic is also a lightweight material, but it’s not as durable as aluminum. Aluminum made cages fall in the middle. So, you must check the weight and construction materials, which is mentioned in the product’s description.
Compatibility with bottles: Your water bottle should perfectly fit inside a cage. If the holder is too loose on a bottle, you might see it flying. Too tight and you might not be able to take it out from a cage. Before purchasing a holder, make sure it can accept the water bottles you already have. In case of any doubt, try a model that already includes a bottle with it.
Installation: As we stated earlier, most of the modern mountain bikes are available with pre-drilled holes that you can use to attach a water bottle cage. Make sure you own such a bicycle that comes with pre-made holes as well as screws. If this is not the case, then you should prefer a model that has all the screws as well as tightening key included.
Style and appearance: If you don’t want to spoil the appearance of your bike, then choose something that suits its color and attitude. Try a water bottle cage that can add to your bike’s elegance and style. If you are confused over the colors, then simply try black. It’s the color that looks standard with everything. If you are purchasing two cages, then try to find a pack that contains two of them. Do not include mismatched cages on the bike’s frame.
Frequently Asked Questions
All the above-mentioned mountain bike water bottle cages are capable to hold your water bottle safely and securely. However, the best model among all of them is the Ibera water bottle cage, which beats other contenders due to its lightweight aluminum construction, and high-quality design. Moreover, it offers the complete worth of your investment because of a durable nature and affordable price tag.
Remaining hydrated is a must, especially if you are planning for a long ride. If you want to enjoy an uninterrupted biking session with your friends or family members, then try one of the best mountain bike water bottles that we discussed today. Select a suitable model according to your requirements and refer to the buying guide in case of any confusion.