Mybiked.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. However, our editorial content is not influenced by the commission. Learn More.
A balance bike is a two-wheeled pedal-less bike which teaches kids as young as eighteen months to balance on two wheels.
After sometimes of learning, kids and toddlers learn to jump, ride and coast on the bikes without the help of the parents.
Best Bike For 2 Year Old – Comparison Chart
|Product Image||Product Name||Shipping Weight||Dimension||Editor's Rating||Price|
|4-in-1 Stroll ‘N Trike||16.9 pounds||19.9 x 35 x 40.8 inches||Check Price|
|Schwinn Boys’ 12-Inch Grit Bike, Orange||24.2 pounds||28 x 15.5 x 36 inches||Check Price|
|Dynacraft Magna Gravel Blaster Boy’s Bike||21.75 pounds||6.75 x 14.5 x 28 inches||Check Price|
|Strider – 12 Classic Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months to 3 Years||9.2 pounds||33 x 15 x 22 inches||Check Price|
|Tauki 12 Inch 16 Inch Kid Bike BMX Freestyle for Boys and Girls||Check Price|
|Tauki Kid Bike BMX Bike for Boys and Girls, 12 Inch, 16 Inch||Check Price|
|Strider - 12 Sport Balance Bike||9.4 pounds||33 x 15 x 22 inches||Check Price|
A balance bike is the replacement of training wheels or tricycles since they are used at this age.
From the balance of the bike, riders of three years old transition to normal kids bike without the help of training wheels.
Balance bikes do not get stuck on the uneven surface, simply gliding on the dirt, curbs, dirt or even jumps.
They are called as Strider bikes or glider bikes or pedal fewer bikes or run bikes. In the US, the Strider balance is the most popular and balanced bike.
Sometimes they are also known as pedal bikes, run bikes, Strider bikes or glider bikes. The Strider balance bike is the popular and balance bike in the United States.
What is a balance bike
When someone looks the bike for the first time, it seems to him that the bike is like other bikes. The bike has a seat, front and back wheels and handlebars and so on. One important thing is missing that pedals.
When there is no need to use pedals the little kids can use their feet to propel themselves forward by pushing, almost running at the time of sitting on the saddle.
Though the speed of the cycle is increasing, the child can keep full control over the handlebars and direction of the bike.
Since balance is developing, the number of pressure must move around will lessen so that in short time child can maintain body weight in the position to get stability. It may be coasting around, and it is not very long prior they are ready to move up to a first pedal bike.
The balance bike is made of wood and metal. It may be a simple bicycle with related parts and pedals, or it may be purposed built. Some are adjusted with brakes.
To act properly, a balance bicycle would be small so that the riders may walk the bicycle at the time of sitting comfortably in the saddle, keeping both feet flat on the ground.
The riders normally walk bicycle at the time of standing over the saddle, after that sitting in the saddle. The riders feel comfortable more to scoot and run while riding a bicycle after that both feet on the ground and cruise while maintaining balance on the two wheels.
Reason Why You Should Own a Kids Balance Bike?
Biking is a good habit. It is the cognitive abilities in many cases than other regular activities.
Biking is associated with the physical as well as mental alertness of the kids. This is the most important cognitive development of the toddlers for having this ability.
Biking from the early age helps the child to engage in physical activities. This habit must be developed from the early age of life.
You should not worry much about the kids. The exact thing for the exact time and the tendency of the children made biking as it is the efficient and safest means for mental alertness.
Proper care and efficient means may develop the riding skills of the riders. We like to get the most information about the latest models of the Balance Bike Reviews.
Now We Enlisted Top 7 Best Bike For 2 Year Old That Are Most Popular For The Present Market.
The 4-in-1 Trike is a favorite Grow with me Trike. There are four ways to ride. It can accommodate age from nine months to five years.
You can easily convert it from a stroller to a steering trike. Learn to ride a trike, and lastly, a classical strike having removable wrap around safety bars along with snack tray, cup holders, and three point’s safety harness.
The trike has ride tires at the time of pedaling. The unique stroller style canopy and the height adjustable push handle remove for older riders.
The adjustable seat and the sturdy steel frame ensure that it may last for many years.
Features of 4-in-1 Stroll ‘N Trike
- Pass days with your kids- four ways to ride, steering trike, infant trike, classic trike and learn to ride a trike.
- Has 3 points safety harness and high back seat for the safety of the infant.
- Safety tray with the cup holders. Adjustable seat with the growth of the child.
- Stroll adjustable and adult steer push handle. Pedals are comfortable to keep a foot in early stages
- Removable canopy is having UV protection capacity. Covered storage bin to add fun.
- To ensure safety, it has a removable wrapper
- Durable and trustworthy – I have not taken anything to re-screw the bolts, and we applied it lots
- The sunshade is truly helpful and may be folded for sunbathing
- Having many options, the price is great
- Super for any aged child for having many options
- Simple to steer and completely secure, normally feels like pressing a stroller. Possibly pushed off the sidewalk except picking it up
- Squeaks after the first-time walk, required to be oiled once in a while
- I have to spend a lot of time to put the bike altogether
They have learned the way to control the pedal, but they fail to stop at the corner. Do more gusto to climb the hill.
What would be if riding lesson takes more time and the legs do not fit for the pedaling anymore?
See the Grit and Schwinn Petunia a cute 12-inch wheels bike with having training wheels as well as the handy big handle. They are added to the back of the bike, so the adult kids control it.
The bike is riding as well as walking always make us thirsty. So you can keep the water bottle with the bike.
You may drink it whenever you like to drink or if you need. The other features are a bell, training wheels and cute graphics.
Rink a new rider is coming through. Very rapidly the whole family will enjoy the outdoors altogether. Schwinn, me and you.
Features of Schwinn Boys’ 12-Inch Grit Bike, Orange
- To ensure stability, it has heavy-duty training wheels.
- Parents press the handle to keep it in the right place and can remove easily
- A fully enclosed chain guard keeps the child safe and clean.
- Rapid releases seat post for all fast growing children
- Rapid release seat post for growing kids
- User manual for the parents to handle it well or installation steps
- Rear and front fenders preserve the road grit off, have water bottle or cage mounted to press the handle.
- To The water bottle holder can keep most toddler size drink bottles. You also need not use the water bottle comes with it.
- The handle of the back side is simple to remove and alter if needed to toss it for taking the bike in a park in a trunk
- The handle of the bike is awesome for the older kid and parents. When toddlers become tired correcting or helping the steering
- The seat lowers all the way like some which still an inch of the bar showing it works for child lightly shorter than most 12-inch wheel bikes.
- The bell of the bike is junk. Therefore better one
- The training wheel ride somewhat high
The Gravel Blaster 12″ Bicycle is cooler for the riders. The cycle has BMX styling, full of handlebar pad as well as bold colors.
The Fun decals make the sturdy frame. The other characteristics are an adjustable seat, an uncommon coaster brake, and a chain guard.
The bicycle comes with detachable training wheels fit for the little learners.
Features of Dynacraft Magna Gravel Blaster Boy’s Bike
- Padded Saddle
- High Gloss Finish
- Adjustable Training Wheels
- Coaster Brake
- Fork and Frame have a lifetime warranty.
- Price friendly
- Excellent bike for toddlers
- Simple to set up for experienced people
- Indications poor for new assemblers
We have faith that if you can walk, you may ride. We make bike by giving focus on a normal goal: improving and learning balance.
By this way, your child may learn the way of confidence and coordination. We get that riding bicycle is a good way to learn to ride.
The normal focus gives easy, natural and safe way to the pedals bike. The child learns the comfortable level of balance on the two wheels within 18 months.
They know the way to cope with the new world. Besides, they can enjoy the world.
Striders give a feeling of community which has altered the knowledge of learning to ride a bike free of the possibility of falling and the way to move pedals.
The Strider hosts events like Adventure Zones, Camps, and the Strider Cup.
Features of Strider – 12 Classic Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months to 3 Years
- Within a year, he can ride down hills by his legs like spread eagle.
- At 3 3/4 we attempt two wheelers with the pedals. He rides it on the first attempt.
- Do not remember training wheels – the balance bike is the best thing to go.
- Adjustable seat for each young kid
- The bike’s sturdy frame is rounded off besides with flat free tires, footrest for gliding, an adjustable seat post, and brake mounts
- The bike is made with a simple design to teach the young kids to balance and steer well on two wheels without training wheels.
- No serious issue
The Tauki Twister Series Kids Bike aids you to learn the way of riding and gliding in style.
To ensure maximum safety, the bike comes with a freestyle frame, a sturdy frame, and enclosed chain cover.
The other things are hot red, removable training wheels, black and orange flame design. Move ahead, hit the streets, and enjoy riding with the Tauki Kid bicycle.
Features of Tauki 12 Inch 16 Inch Kid Bike BMX Freestyle for Boys and Girls
- You may get a 95% assembled bike. Simple to assemble. You can require the seat post, the pedal, the handlebar and some little parts of the bike.
- The bike is fit for two to five years old kids. The height is 25 to 34-inch height. Adjustable handlebar and saddle for well fit.
- The seat and the frame are a cool flame pattern. Long lasting coat and solid construction for keeping the bike smooth and well working for many years.
- Included tools and free handy pumps
- Wonderful design or chain guard, seat, shock absorber and frame
- Super streamlined frame, simple to get on and off the bike
- Usually, nothing fine comes from slamming on the front tire brake
- The tire pump does not work which comes with the bike unluckily. But overall it is very nice
For the growing up children, the bike is the most amazing and memorable experience.
Every kid likes to have a good bike. Kids have great first bike experience that is very important for the future riding experience.
So we are your side to make a safe, inexpensive and durable bike for the children to carry them more happiness and adventures.
Features of Tauki Kid Bike BMX Bike for Boys and Girls, 12 Inch, 16 Inch
- You will get almost 95% assembled bike. Assembling is not a difficult task. You just have to set up the handlebar, the seat post, some small parts and the pedals.
- Knobby 2-1/8″ wide pneumatic tires ensure your kid to face MTB life along with more grips for the dirt tracks. Moreover, the coaster brake helps to halt the bike safely and easily.
- The finishing is solid, and construction is very well. Therefore it satisfies for a long time and works well. You may share it with other children who do not have it.
- Tools included and had a free portable pump.
- Rear small training wheel and very safe
- Long lasting welded top grade steel
- Has training wheels is a must and the bike comes with it
- Otherwise, the bike is well constructed, but not appear as though as it has anyone checking standard prior it ships
Through 10 years of development, riding, manufacturing improvements, racing, testing and observation, Strider Bikes has manufactured a bike which permits for more and easy successful transition to a pedal bike.
The company has developed its features particularly the lowest seat in the industry and Strider specializes in the bike. But Strider Four Learn to Ride steps, kids may jump on the bike and obtain moving as setting up is very quick.
Striders inspire the children to ride the bike with great interest. The aim of the striders is to make efficient, lightweight, all terrain bikes which upgrade two wheeled balance, confidence and coordination. Stride desires to reach in every family as one million bikes are being sold in the whole world.
Features of Strider – 12 Sports Balance Bike
- One piece ultra light wheel
- Flat Free EVA polymer tires
- The US patented and high-performance design
- Five minutes assembly
- Frame integrated footrest
- Adjustable handlebars and seat
- After easy and simple assembly, she rides on the bike and begins working it round the house
- The weight of the bike is lightweight with handle bars and seat and totally turn it around except any struggle
Occasionally, when your children reach a certain age, they simply need to ride. They do not wish to press a lot of buttons and have the entire thing sing a tune. They do not wish to get pushed around. And they certainly do not need it covered in a lot of ridiculous stickers. They only need to have the ability to jump and have some fun. Input the Radio Flyer Big Flyer Trike, in our view the ideal toddler tricycle for 3 years of age.
Its huge front wheel finish with a performance grip tread that occupies the street as an overprotective parent means it is a secure yet quick ride. Talking of protected, a lot of its awesomeness – rushing pennant, molded handgrips, etc. – twice as security features for easier handling and improved visibility.
- Three adjustable seat positions enable this trike to develop along with your child
- This trike includes actual chrome handle bars and molded handgrips
- The Large Flyer’s large front tire Includes a performance grip tread along with the rear racing slick fashion tires are extra wide for stability
- 3-7 years ages.
- Cushioned chair. The gray chair has a couple of distinct places to snap down the seat in hence allowing the toy grows with your little one. If he is young, easy snap in the initial place so his toes will hit the pedals.
- Nostalgia variable: near the “Large wheel” they had to market back into the day. Everybody remembers those.
Cool children need only apply. The Fisher-Price Thomas the Tank Engine Trike is finally the very tricked out tricycle of those five inside this review. What it lacks in general adaptability – it does not convert to various forms such as the first two with this list – it makes up for in trendy child gadgetry.
To start with, it is wide, stable wheel base and big front bicycle offer quicker pedaling for most of the small wannabe speed demons on the market. Its sturdy framework and easy-to-hold handlebars result in an enjoyable and friendly spins and turns. And, finally, it is accompanied by an array of Thomas & Friends-themed lights, sounds, audio, stickers and “walkie-talkie” phrases in the series. That alone makes it among the greatest tricycles for two years old or 3 years old (although children around 6 years old may appreciate it).
Its chair is three-point flexible so that it develops as they move. And it even includes an excess storage compartment for all your small ones additional odds and ends – such as a pair of shades or perhaps even some sunscreen to your super-responsible. Weight capacity is 60 lbs.
- Difficult enough for Many Years of Pleasure with all the features you look for in a first trike
- Great Thomas and Friends styling
- Kid friendly attributes: a wide, stable wheel base, easy-grip handlebars and big foot pedals
- Children can ride easily with its comfort-ride chair, also lifts to show a storage compartment
- Durable tires with rugged treads for “off-road” pleasure
- Simple to Assemble. (Took me about 20 minutes be sure that you look the images. I made a mistake but readily able to reverse it last with the meeting)
- Sturdy plastic stuff
- The storage attribute is a Massive hit (he enjoys finding things and hauling them around the Home
- Needed to bribe my nephew to eliminate (aka a sure-fire way to keep them amused and exhaust their power level)
- But given the fantastic cost and the ease of putting it together, I could certainly get him a bigger version when he is prepared for the upcoming huge size.
Consideration for choosing the safest best bike for 2 years old
The simple way to measure inside leg of the child is to stand them before a wall.
Keep a flat object between the legs and count where the object touches the floor directly.
It provides the measurement that is 27cm or more, After that, they may fit on a STRIDER® 12″ balance bike.
The top position of the seat of Strider 12 sport or 12 Pro is 48 cm- a great range to cover the toddlers from as they walk until they are five years old.
Some brands still possess the market though they remained for two years through having lowest seat position being 34cm or more.
The bike is best for the older child. See the maximum height of the bike. A bike having 40 cm is not able to grow your child.
Striders are the lightest bikes on the market. Anything more than three kg is very heavy for the child.
The Striders is 2.2kg. Weight is the matter for the bikes. As the balance bike for a two years old does not indicate weight. Be sure; it is very heavy for the child.
The bike must have long longevity. Be sure you will get all the accessories and spares.
Cheap bikes have buckled wheels. As you get the replacement, it is just wasting money.
We give two years warranty on all the bikes. All parts of the bike last for longer time. You can even use the parts of the bike for the next generation.
Striders are made of cartridge sealed bearing and simply indestructible. It is used by cycling and school instructors.
Our bike is ready to stand to face the test. Wheels have more support for strength.
It is coated with the power to prevent scratches as well as flaking. The welds are done properly.
Clamps may support multiple adjustments for children. Our bikes are fit for your need.
Terrain: The bike is fit for all types of terrains though the road has mud, gravel, concrete, slopes, and grasses do not matter.
A child can ride the bike whenever he likes or wherever he likes. There are lots of wooden bikes made for the flat ground when some metal bikes do not have the ability to move on the bumps.
Do not let to go your child beyond the equipment given here. You should better buy a Strider and come to face racing, exploring or hanging out with the other riders.
What is the best time for a child to drive a balance bike?
There are many sizes of the balance bike- the smallest one is fit for kids up to 18 months.
The large one is fit for the adults. Especially, toddlers and kids enjoy the bike from 18 months to five years old.
Like training or tricycles wheels, toddlers may use the balance bike and start scooting around one day.
The balance bike has no push bars to aid the child for the adults. It has no utility for them.
The best advantage of the balance bike is that kids may ride on their way.
Age is not a factor for the balance bike, keep it in mind. Whose minimum seat height is 1 inch can use the balance bike.
How to maintain your Balance Bike
If you are the owner of a bike, be sure you are taking care of it properly. Above all, it needs lots of maintenance.
- The most important thing is to inflate the tires. See the tires need to be sure that they are not deflating and fill them rapidly. Underinflated tires may be dangerous for your bike and you also.
- Be sure; you have checked well the wheels, bearings, brackets, steering mechanism and pedals for any problem. You must be confirming that you have used lube to the parts where rust may build up, or they begin to squeak. You have used the light lubricant so that you may keep them dirt free.
- You must keep the bike clean and dirt free. If you see the dirt on your bike, you can wipe it with the damp clothes and be sure it is well dried. As you keep it outside, it must rust and end up with the rust. You may use the furnish polish to rinse the bike as it is non-abrasive.
- Keep your bike in a safer place so that it is out of the rough weather. Too much cold, heat or rough weather may damage the bike. Any type of bike made of what type of material does not matter at all. If you keep the bike outside for a long time, it begins to wear out and rust.
I hope that the balance bike reviews will help you to get the best bike from online for your child.
This is the way that the child may balance well long before they begin to ride on 2 wheel bike.
You have tried tricycle and now you like to ride on a different type of bike or skip over bicycle totally.
The balance bike is a great choice for you. You will find that the cycle is very easier and your child will enjoy it very much.
We hope you will get a good type of balance bike with the reasonable price.